Re: IML: My '56 Plug #2

A soak in diesel fuel, paint thinner, or Gunk Engine Degreaser, might be a little safer. While your at it, you may as well soak the breather cap, you can't get fresh air in if you can't get bad air out.Oh well ,it sounds like a simple fix. We should all be so lucky.Ya'll have a nice day.  Dave.
81 Imp. (too) Many Dodges.
From: YBSHORE@xxxxxxx
David,

    Doesn't that destroy the filament filter inside the breather device above the tapered end on the outlet side?  As I imagine it would at the inlet breather at the top of the motor?  I elected to hand clean in a garage bath and am soaking the outlet breather in gas overnight to try and remove the sludge, everything else came beautifully clean by agitation only.

ybshore