From: YBSHORE@xxxxxxx
Sent: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 10:07 AM
Subject: Re: IML: Oil Breather Caps, and for my '56 in particular #2

Dick et al,

    I knew the tube was there and thank you the lead.  There is a device about 5" above the tapered outlet held with a bracket attached to the block, then it continues as tubing toward the top of the engine.  There is, I am guessing, some sort of filament filter in this device (or it is blocked pretty solid, in which case direct me to puncture wounds....).  I can see/feel restriction, but do not want to jeopardize the device for I am sure it has a purpose.  The unit does not look to be independently removable.  How do I clean this piece, or remove it for cleaning?

Respectfully,

ybshore