From: YBSHORE@xxxxxxx
Sent: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 6:18 PM
Subject: Re: IML: Oil Breather Caps, and for my '56 in particular #2 #3

Dick and Fellow Imperialists,

    It is definitely an original part as the tube from the top of the motor is flanged into the, I will call it a lower breather filter, and this device, in disc form and free flow from the top down then released through that same upper breather cap material on the filler tube in a disc like form and it is filled with the same filament type straining material as is the filler breather tune.  In fact, after cleaning it up, I would say I will in the future only have to undo the lower bracket which is actually part of the lower breather filter as that is what is inserted into the flanged tube running from the top.  Finally an engineer was allowing for servicing of the unit!!  One bolt to remove lower and simple pull-the-cap-off the filler on the top of the motor and clean and I am done!

    I also tried as best I could to identify the lower piece through my FSM as well as the site and was unable to find reference in factory form by word or picture.

Respectfully,

ybshore