IML: Imperial fuel consumption

Subject: RE: IML: Fuel consumption in Imperial LeBaron 66
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 10:02:15 +0200

Hi imperialist !

I am close to have ready my recovered dreamcar in a few days and I ask =
myself how many mpg could it run. In this first round I have just =
updated sparks, wires, filters, oil and so on. The car looks very good =
but it was sleeping during some fifteen years. As the previous owner was =
died some years ago, I have nobody to ask about the consumption. Which =
are your experiences about?

I've never had a '66, but my '62, '63, and '69 all achieved between 10 and 15 miles per gallon depending upon conditions and how I drove them. Hopefully the English measures will be okay for you, I'm to muzzy-headed at the moment to try converting to km / litre.

    -Kle.
'69 Crown 4DHT