Re: IML: Imperial fender 'scripts' & floor mats

Re: IML: Imperial fender 'scripts' & floor mats

Posting graphic files of fender badges is a
languishing project that I've had on the back-burner.

I had a file with various fonts of printed advertising
scripts that say IMPERIAL in various forms as well as
a collection of fender scripts that will one day be
scanned, but we don't have enough manpower to do
everything all at once, so it awaits days with less to
do.

Scripts styles changed with body styles.  The most
corporate version is the IMPERIAL script adopted in
1964 and used in the INCOMPARABLE IMPERIAL ads and
then onwards until at least the 1980's cars, although
it isn't as visually flashy as some of the earlier
stuff, especially the cursive script out of the later
1930's and early 1960's.

So far, this question of what is "most emblematic" of
Imperial has been answered with the circular eagle
hood ornament as seen on the items in the club gift
shop.

As CafePress has been given the graphics for those
already-produced items, you'd have a prefabricated set
of graphics if you went that route.  Some are posted
on the 1962 page and are ready to go that might take a
two-tone embroidery setup quite nicely -perhaps silver
and some other color?

It'd be nice to have these floor-mats available on an
ongoing basis if there's enough interest.  You're
invited to bring this project on board the website if
that makes sense - it may be easier to do with our
resources and experience?

Cafe Press may have something to say about how to get
these produced at a reasonable price and have an
ongoing distribution channel set up so that they're
not a flash-in-the-pan event, as some of the other
T-Shirt projects have been.

Good luck on that.

-K