Re: IML: 66 Temp sensor

HI All.. Have a question about the 'temperature' sensor' (at least thats what I THINK its called!??) on my '66 LeBaron (it send signals to the dash gauge, I believe). The previous owner replaced this item (about 12 years back) as it was not registering ANY temperature on the gauge at all at that time. Ever since he installed the current sensor the gauge has been indicating the water temp is either a bit high or VERY HIGH! I have already changed the radiator hoses (you may have read about that adventure!) and had the collant changed plus put in a new 180 degree thermostat. The gauge STILL shows high and Chris (the previous owner) assures me that it has indicated the same way since the sender was installed (the needle can goes to between the TUR in 'temperature point on the gauge when going uphilss and then goes down to just past the middle of the gauge).
My question is in reference to the replacement part I was able to find at AutoZone. It LOOKS like the unit in the block now, BUT !! the listing (at AutoZOne) says its for a vehicle WITHOUT AC....since my Imperial DOES have AC, will this still work???...whats the difference whether or not the vehicle DOES or DOES NOT have AC as far as the sensor goes ?????
I checked NAPA onlline and they don't list it. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Please feel free to  e-mail me direct;y at "dansgarage@xxxxxxxxxxxx"
Thanks All!!!
Dan Melnik