Sent: Tuesday, October 03, 2006 1:11 PM
Subject: IML: winch recommendations

For loading a non-running Imperial onto a trailer.  Am really tired of the
"come-along."

I see prices from $49.99 to around $2,000 (US). Absolutely no idea what is
good, and what is just overpriced.

With a little looking, I've found Warn, Mile Marker, and Cummins Tools
winches in the $350-$550 range, rated at 8K-10K pounds.

Any comments on what to get, or what to avoid, would be welcome, and
probably of general interest.

This is directly related to Imperials. I bid on a 67 in Florida (EBAY), but
was outbid.  Found one in Tennessee, maybe overpriced, but it will provide
parts I need to fill in the blanks on the 67 Coupe.  It will be the fourth
Imperial I've loaded on the trailer, and three was three too many with a
hand winch.

Thanks for any input.

Michael