Re: IML: '68 'vert w/MDO

Tom,

Some weird things happen, so it is possible that Chrysler made such a car, as a special order, for a special show, or one of their company executives.

I have a picture taken at a manufacturer auto show, don't know the location, but can tell what it was, by the signs behind the displayed cars. The picture shows a white 1968 Crown Coupe, on a stage or turntable, with a white formal roof, small rear window, etc.

As far as I know, Chrysler never offered such a car to the public, so it could have been a one off, just to test the waters of the buying public, like they did with other show cars in prior years.

The MDO Option was tested at an auto shows using a 1966 Imperial Crown Coupe, and it was well accepted.  Chrysler then decided, based on this information, to produce a much scaled down version, for the 67 and 68 model years.

Sincerely,

Bill/Imp, 68's