1969 Dodge A-108 8 Door HiTop Van
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 11:00:03 -0600
From: Ron M <rfm10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I would encourage everyone to do a long road trip in an old car.  It
lets you get to know the car as well as being a true adventure.  When I
bought my 68 convert. I flew to Miami, had new tires put on her and
within 4 hours of first seeing her I was headed north on the start of a
2500 miles trip. One is very attentive in a such a situation, listening
to her, feeling her movements and responses.  It turned out to be a
wonderful trip other than the pouring rain from tropical storm Arlene
for the first 1600 miles.  The only car trouble was an overheat when a
loose clamp on the lower radiator hose allowed too much water to drip
out, easily fixed with a screwdriver and a gallon of  antifreeze.  A
little knowledge, a handful of tools, a AAA card and a visa will take
you a long way.