Re: IML: Please Welcome Matthew Gill

Rob P wrote:
I don't know about Matthew, but this would NOT encourage me to drive 2,000 miles in a 35-40 year old car. ;)

You have to have trouble or the trip is just boring! The first time I drove my '59 to TN (600 miles for me) I broke a fan belt in the middle of nowhereville Georgia at 2am. Had to sleep in the car in a truck stop parking for the night until I could get someone to fix it the next morning... Wasn't much fun at the time but still a fun story to tell new people I meet at car shows and stuff some four years later. It's kind of like the RV community mentality. You know it's going to break somewhere sometime and it's probably going to be a bear to get fixed but a breakdown just adds to the adventure.

                        Steve B.