Re: IML: IML DIGEST

I am trying to decide whether to drive my new 63 across town on mostly side streets.&
Go for it. I live on Long Island in NY. Not exactly the desert, but we have some pretty wide temperature ranges here also. I store my 68 in an unheated storage spot every winter from Nov thru March. I disconnect the battery. Come spring I reconnect the battery, jump it and the car starts almost immediately and runs like a charm. I have never used any kind of stabilizer in the gas, although I always park it with the tank at least 1/2 full.

Start 'er up, let her idle for a while, stomp the gas if she races, and if she doesn't die after a couple of minutes, head on home.

Good luck. Don't call me if you don't make it, by the way.

Regards
Tom
68 Imp Convert
60 NYer coupe

P.S. Good idea to try the brakes before you build up a head of steam.