Re: IML: Improving mileage

From: will hawk <bigbadvladfan@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: IML: Ways to improve milage?

What about propane?  I would like to know more about
it as an allturnitve fuel.  There is a place on the
IMP web site where some on converted a 61, but it
never gave any details even though it did talk about a
disk brake upgrade.  Is there any one how know
someting about converting to propane and the benifits
as well as the drawbacks?  Thanks

Propane gives you less power and range than gasoline. In Europe, it's worth the conversion (most people seem to kepp their Imperials dual-fuel petrol/propane) because propane isn't taxed like gasoline, so it's much cheaper per mile... I don't know the comparative costs here, but refilling the tank on a gas grill cost $20 around here, this summer...
    -Kle.
'69 Crown 4DHT