RE: IML: Anybody have a '64-'66 Owners manual?

all they would recomend is type and weight of oil. not a brand.The type rating has been superceded many times since 1966.

From: Matthew Gill <mgill3@xxxxxxx>

Just curious, I wonder if anybody here could take a look at their owners manual and let me know what Chrysler corp recommended when it came to the type of oil to put in the car.. brand and which type. I don't know if they ever changed, but specifically '64 through '66.

I'd just like to know out of curiosity, and to see if that particular brand also sells a lead additive, to see how much it would cost. I'm somewhat of a purist so I'd probably use whatever Chrysler wanted the buyer to use.

And, I'm sure synthetic is not REQUIRED, but would that be better oil to use? Any advantage? I know it's designed for sports cars, but if it would run smoother and/or make the engine last longer etc, I'd use it for sure.

Thanks
-Matt