Re: IML: Anybody have a '64-'66 Owners manual?

Re: IML: Anybody have a '64-'66 Owners manual?

Synthetic oil is highly recommended for engines with
tight tolerances.  This would include new and/or low
mileage as well as rebuilt older ones.

If an engine is over say, 80K miles or so, and is a
little worn synthetic oil is still good, but it is a
case of closing the barn door after the horse got out.
 The wear that synthetic oil would prevent has already
happened.  All it can do now is protect from
additional wear - something regular oil could likely
do just as well.

Regardless of oil, the key is regular oil changes and
running the car until fully warmed up every time it is
driven to cook out any acid-forming moisture in the
crankcase.  This is why a well-maintained daily driver
with a higher mileage engine is often in better
running condition than a low-mileage garage queen
that's only moved in and out of the garage
periodically.

Chris H.