Re: IML: Anybody have a '64-'66 Owners manual?

Re: IML: Anybody have a '64-'66 Owners manual?

It's nothing personal! :)

I live in a warm climate, and find the car runs noticeably hotter (coolant
temperature, I don't have an oil temp gauge in my Imperial) with 10w30. The
one car I did have such a gauge in was a small 4-cylinder, and it usually
ran at about 120C with 10w30, a perfect 105C with 10w40. It's only on older
cars that I prefer the protection of the 20w50. I can't say it's been
scientifically studied, just a preference that's served me well for decades.

No detectable hit in the mpg, btw... When I drive the 67 Crown regularly I
get about 11 around town, 15 on the highway, and maybe 1 mpg higher in my
NYB (400). I run 20w50 in my 72 Charger and get 20 mpg (no kidding) on the
highway averaging 75 mph, though.

And yes, Chrysler even recommended 10w30 in 1967. Then again, one of my
non-Mopars used to recommend changing the oil filter with every other oil
change and I never did that either.

Cheers,
Chris in LA
67 Crown