From: aeyn
Subject: Re: IML: Seat belts-1960
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 09:50:22 -0700 (PDT)

Donn,
I know that in my 69 LeBaron 4DRHT, there were dimples in
the floorpan indicating where holes were to be drilled. I found
the locations for the rear heater water lines this way and also
by looking at the FSM VERY CLOSELY. As far as I know the rear
heater / Airconditioner is only briefly mention in the 69 FSM.
As for the anchors for the seat belts, make a 3" square of
1/8+" metal with a centre hole in it for the bolt to go through.
You want to distribute the strain on the floorpan over a wider
area and NOT just the hole through the floorpan. ALSO, use stout
large washers to assist in doing that. As for drilling through
the floorpan, a good trick to do is to drill a VERY small hole in
the floorpan to locate the center of the LARGE hole and have
CLEARANCE from other objects beneath. In using the VERY SMALL
hole you can easily fill it if it is not in a good location.

Æyn