IML: electrics

Hy fellow Imperialists

Today I tried to start my 68 Imp. after a few years sitting in the garage.
When I connected the battery the dashboard and interior lights came on normally, but when I tried to start the engine I heard a noise and ALL electrics went down, now there is absolutely no current to anything, can anybody direct me to the shortest way to correct this problem, never before I have come across to something like this.

Appreciating your assistance and comments

Regards

Joachim from hot Melbourne, Australia