Re: RE: IML: 1962 Brakes and Parking Brake

Re: RE: IML: 1962 Brakes and Parking Brake

I, along with Kerry Pinkerton,  did a complete brake job on my 62.  We installed new wheel cylinders a new master cylinder ( the correct one), new rubber lines and relined shoes.  I was able to get all these parts from NAPA.   All these parts were new and not rebuilt except for the shoes.
After the rebuild it took several tries at bleeding and adjusting before the brakes felt right and now I have a good firm pedal and the car tracks straight when the brakes are applied.
My parking brake has always held well as it is supposed.  The parking brake is seperate from the braking system and has it's own adjustments.
There is absolutely no more helpless feeling than to hit your brakes and nothing happens.  I know, I've been there.  My philosophy is, I'd rather have a car that stops than starts.
Ed Noble
62 Crown
69 Lebaron (infamous Budd brakes)