IML: A True Treasure Story--These cars were in Central Kansas!

IML: A True Treasure Story--These cars were in Central Kansas!

The thread about the Chrysler Town and Country convertables reminded me of my trip to Hutchinson and McPherson Kansas when I was restoring my 1951 Frazer Vagabond.

I traveled to several salvage yards looking for parts and there were some great bodies, but not the interior pieces I needed.  At every yard I was told to go see a Mr. Miller in Hutchinson as he had lots of old cars and motorcycles there.  After having several of these yards tell me the very same thing I was given directions to his place and the next morning I arrived there at dawn.

Mr. Miller was locking the front gate and I asked him if he had any KF parts, he said he didn't know what I was talking about and he was a bee keeper.  I showed him my restoration photographs and he then said he may have something for me to see.  My brother-in-law who was with me spent several hours touring his farm that was filled with antique cars and Harley Davidsons.  There were at least a couple of hundred vehicles that were inside these quanset huts.

So if there are any Imperialists in Central Kansas I am sure you folks already know about Mr. Miller.  If not you should look him up as I remember he had at least 3 T&C convertables what had been parked there inside with their 50-60's plates on them.

I also know that Mr. Miller wanted to open a motorcycle museum and was not willing to part with any bikes.  In fact he never did even want to sell me any of the parts I was interested in.

I will never forget that day as long as I live.  I am sure most people will discount my story, but I swear it really happened.

Steve Restelli
Webmaster, HistoryTV.net
http://historytv.net