Re: IML: Restorable Imperials destroyed in derbies

Re: IML: Restorable Imperials destroyed in derbies

I feel your pain, Joy. I live in Michigan and a lot of new cars begin rusting out as soon as they go through their first winter. As far as old cars that have sat outside for long periods, usually they become basket cases pretty fast from the weather.

Although, at a car show this past summer a mint condition pink 1957 Imperial sedan showed up. The owner said he got it from an elderly couple who had it in their garage all these years in a neighborhood 15 minutes away from me. So there is always a chance you'll find one, no matter where you live.

I'm only in high school so I have no means to buy an Imperial yet. I'm afraid that there won't be many left when I finally have the cash...I really want a 60 or 61 four-door.

-Alex Krasicky

Joy <jecny75@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I find the whole thing very sad, especially since they
are very hard to come by in our area and i've been
dying to get my hands on one. I'm not in a position
to drive across country and purchase one & have it
transported back to LI. I feel that by the time I'm
ready, there will be none left.

Sadly,
Joy