IML: Not starting on push button 57 Imperial

IML: Not starting on push button 57 Imperial

Hi America

We have recently been having starter problems with our 57 Imperial. The car will start straight away on the push button when the engine is cold. After we have been on a run and stopped the car for a while and want to start it again nothing happens when we push the start button. There is not even a click from the solanoid. We have changed the relay (auto lite 4001) to try and alleviate the problem but hasn't worked.The only way to start the car is with the ignition on and to jump the relay. When the car has been stood a while and the engine is cold the car will start up without any problems. Any ideas on what to do next will be greatly appreciated. I did have some information on what wires to check from the push buttons but I have misplaced all the information.

Kind regards

Ken