Re: IML: 81 Imp For Sale

Dave, where's the car now? And has it been stored inside. I'm looking at logistics, and the wife!! Thanks, Dave

From: "David Utecht" <stealthloader@xxxxxxx>

  I know there is a web site just for this purpose; however I need to sell the car by the middle of December as my wife and I are moving back to New Mexico where we came from three years ago and I do not have the means to move/ship the car back.

  A short history; well sort of; of the car; I bought it in NM and proceeded to replace the following items: all new brakes, rotors, caliper, hoses & bearings up front, new drums, shoes, wheel cylinders, hardware kit & flex hose in back.  The parking brake still needs to be hooked up.  Rebuilt 360, .030 over bore, Schumacher urethane engine mounts, MOPAR purple shaft cam & lifters, new high flow water pump, new fuel pump, new distributor Bosch Platinum +4 plugs & Accell wires, Edelbrock Performer intake & 600cfm electric choke carb, rebuilt 727 trans with a new trans mount & new custom drive shaft. The car was converted from EFI before I bought it so I do not have any of those parts, EFI fuel pump removed and replaced gas tank & fuel level sending unit with one from the Mirada. The car needs a complete exhaust from manifolds back.

  The headlight circuit which is known to over heat & fail has been repaired with a new head light switch. The dash was heat/sun damaged in NM so I replaced it with one from a Dodge Mirada to include regular gauges & added an AutoMeter voltage gauge. I still have all of original digital gauges and trip computer. The interior (dark red) has been partially replaced; the front leather seats were completely destroyed by the heat & sun and are now from the same Mirada I got the dash from; I did not install the electric seat tracks which I still have along with a spare set. The rear seat is still original.  I saved the original dash and also have another dark blue one as well. The power moon roof opens very slow but does open and does not leak. The steering column fell apart so it was rebuilt with a new turn signal switch & cruise control switch from Chrysler and set up for a floor shifter and foot operated headlight dimmer switch.  Per instructions provided by Dick Benjamin some time ago I installed a new AM/FM cassette radio that was supposed to go in my 94 Dodge Dakota to replace the one that had died, I installed an Alpine system instead and saved the radio for the Imp. Also installed was a set of Pioneer speakers front & rear. The power antenna works too. Going with the car is assorted extra dash trim pieces and switches.

  The body (itâ??s white) is in excellent shape with just a few small door dings and only minor surface rust along the body line above and just behind the drivers door. Both bumpers are undamaged and have no rust at all. The front grill had a small ding from when it was loaded for transport to Michigan and the transport company refused to pay for it to be replaced or repaired. The windshield is cracked and car comes with a new one not installed.

  If I had the time I would like to get it running; however I donâ??t and do not have the time to part it out either. I have more money in this car than I care to think about and its current condition would indicate and will not crush or send it to a salvage yard. As for what Iâ??d like for the car wellâ?¦$500 and that would just about cover the trans rebuild alone.

  So if anyone is interested please let me know soon, thanks

Dave Utecht