Re: IML: hardened seats and such

I vote with the chorus here, do the hardened seats and while theyre at it, if the guides are at all suspicious, do the bronze wall guides too. Avoid the temptation to knurlize the existing guides and do it once, do it right. Since the guide sets the center of the valve in its place as well as pilots the seat cutting operation theres no reason to have a valve stem start wobbling in the guide a few thousand miles later. I doubt even a purest of the purists would complain about such an operation, since its internal and not going to be noticed at a car show. And it goes without saying that the shop doing the work will set the valve spring height, spring pressure and valve stem height to the correct values as well. I had a set of heads done this way in 1989 and they are still performing strong today.

Mikey
62 Crown Coupe