Sent: Thursday, November 02, 2006 6:10 PM
Subject: RE: IML: Progress Report

Dan,

Sounds like the car is running rich with those clouds of black smoke. Check
the choke and make sure it is releasing when the motor is warm.  Is the
original Holley still on there?  If the choke is releasing, smack the fuel
bowels with a screwdriver handle a couple times and see if it makes a
difference. How long did the car sit? Play with the external parts before
worrying about what might be going on inside the motor.

My LeBaron sat for at least 15 years before I bought it.  The Holley was
good enough to get the car on and off a trailer under its own power.
Shortly after that it became more of a fuel pump than a carb. An Edelbrock
carb is on there now (had it on the shelf here).

Rob McCall
'67 LeBaron