Re: IML: 67 crown headlight switch

The circuit breaker for the headlight system is integrated internally within the switch itself.

Chris Sculthorp

From: Crestonave@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IML: 67 crown headlight switch
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 20:08:09 EST

In a message dated 11/7/2006 11:26:32 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,, dan
writes:

A friend mentioned he had an owner's manual that would tell where the fuse
box was. Then I remembered I got one when I bought the car. It is located at
the bottom edge of the dash under the radio and is concealed by a cover
plate. That explains the elusive fuse box! It also says the headlight system does not have a fuse, but rather a circuit breaker. Can anyone tell me where
the circuit breaker is located?

Thank you,

Dan Collins
67  Crown Coupe

I own a 68 which I believe must be very similar  mechanically to the 67. My
fuse box is located under the dashboard at the  extreme right. As to the
circuit breaker, my understanding is that it is actually a part of the headlight
switch.

In my case, I have no dash  lights. The headlights work, and the high beams
work, and when I turn the dash light control wheel to the extreme right, the inside courtesy lights in the rear of my convert come on. Could this mean that
there's a bad resistor somewhere in  the dash?
Why would the control wheel work to put the courtesy lights on but  not
illuminate the dash?

Tom
'68 Crown Convert
'60 NYer Coupe (two  door version, not a four door coupe)