RE: IML: read about and add 2 cents to the next generation imperial deba

RE: IML: read about and add 2 cents to the next generation imperial debate

I don't know that much about the reasons Chrysler stopped the Imp line to begin with, but I really like that concept car. Granted I fit more into a niche market, being an Imperial fan already, but I think it would be a good seller. Unfortunately, if they're making it with four buckets instead of a rear bench, that rules me out, because with three kids, I need every inch of backseat they can put in.

----Original Message Follows----
From: "bill parker" <hemirr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: IML: read about and add 2 cents to the next generation imperial debate
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 01:23:06 +0000

Some of the comments kind of hit on what made the Imperial struggle in the first place (middle place? last place?) I was struck by the dude who said that for a few bucks added to the 300C you'd have the same thing. It wasn't true back then (take my '65, it wasn't much at ALL like the '65 Chryslers except for the drivetrain) but it may be more true now, it obviously is sitting there on the 300 type platform. I think that Caddy became the "go to" car for the well to do near-retiree back when, the lifelong goal so to speak, but Lincoln and Imperial didn't quite ever get to that default position. I understand why Chrysler had to go to making it on the C platform for money reasons, yet they gave up some of the differentiation too (and yes I do like the later 60's and the '70's models, I just love the '65)

Bill & Kathi Parker, South Central Indiana
'60 Chrysler Saratoga kustom; '62 Plymouth Max Wedge; '64 Dart convertible; '65 Barracuda \6; '65 Imperial; '68 Barracuda FB 340-S; '69 Barracuda FB now 360; '70 Challenger now 440; '72 Cuda '340