RE: IML: '65 engine choice - economics likely to decide?

From: "Isenhour" <isenhour@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: IML: '65 engine choice - economics likely to decide?

   It's true, the difference is only 10hp and 10 lb-ft.
   Now, if you were going to go more custom with the car and wanted to
supe up the engine, there are a lot of 440 hi-performance parts out there, and it's probably be easier and cheaper to do that with a 440 instead of a
413.
      -Kle.
      '69 Crown 4DHT=20

Did you say "HEMI"???????? I agree it's better to leave it alone at 413
unless you are going to make a HEMI engine out of the 440. Are you
planning
on doing wheelies in an Imperial?  Smoke some tires once and awhile?

Well, I've smoked the tires ('tire', actually) on my '69 by accident once just getting out into fast traffic, and it's almost stock and probably has mediocre compression...

Drag
race at lights to surprise your competion

Done that too now and then, though more with my '62 which was in much better shape. You can surprise kids with those hopped-up little economy cars sometimes; they think it's in the bag and don't rev up before launch. The looks on their faces are priceless.
  -Kle.
'69 Crown 4DHT