From: imperial1971@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 12:24 PM
Subject: Re: IML: Carter AFB-64 LeBaron

Christopher Carter <chris_carter@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It was suggested to me by one member to use an Edelbrock 1406 as a replacement for my Carter AFB. Since this carb uses an electric choke and the Carter is manual, what would be the source of power for the electric choke? Could I just use an E-1405 with manual choke?
I have a "new" Carter AFB with an electric choke on my '71 Imperial (it's almost identical to the 1406).  I ran the wire for the electric choke to the hot side of the ballast resistor, so it only gets electricity when the ignition is on.

The electric choke definitely functions better than the manual choke.  I recommend it.

Elijah