Sent: Saturday, November 11, 2006 12:32 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: 1953 Imperial Brake Hi-Jinks

For some time now, I have had problems with my brakes. After driving around
for about 5 or so miles, the brakes would start to bind up. Once getting the

car back in the garage, the brake lights would of course stay on after
shutoff, which meant I had to disconnect the battery; otherwise it would run

it down.

I have it a a local shop now, and, as a test, they started the car and let
it run at rest. Result: the same thing happened (I thought the problem was
somehow related to driiving). They suspect the power brake booster.
Investigation continues.

Has anyone else had this problem?

By the way, I am still looking for a decent Condition 3 or better grille
assembly.  1951 through 1953 all interchange.  I realize that this is a
tough find. Will pay your price.

Currell