RE: IML: 81/82 Imperial

John, congrats on the car still running fine. That's something for any 25 year old car. When you say all the gauges work, does the mpg feature on the trip computer work? I have 2 of these cars, a converted '83 and an efi '82. The gauges on the '83 all work, but the gas gauge reads slow for a half a tank and then twice as fast for the last half and the mpg feature reads a steady 99.9 mpg. The efi car gets excellent mileage. Much better than ANY 318 car I have ever owned and I have owned about 5.

Rob

From: "Sills, John" <John.Sills@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: IML: 81/82 Imperial
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 21:22:26 -0500

Gentlemen,
My father had a 1982 Imperial Coupe, the EFI was a disaster and the
factory, in response to a large number of these beauties sitting dead in
dealer's lots offered a conversion kit. My dad and I went to the dealer
in Orlando
and took possession of several huge cardboard boxes which included, a
carb, intake manifold, gas tank...yes,
a gas tank, fuel pump, electronic conversion harness & everything else
needed to do the conversion.
We ( two engineers ) swapped it all out and it runs fine to this day. I
suspect you will find many 82's and perhaps some late 81's, that enjoyed
this experience. The fender still sports a "EFI" plaque but it's running
a 2 barrel
carb and all the gauges work.
Regards,
John Sills