Re: IML: 67 Driver Door Window

Ken Lang <ken@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The driver window on my 67 4 Dr Ht stopped working.  I can still hear the motor running but there is no movement in the window.  I really don?t want to rip the door completely apart
Hey Ken,

Well . . . you're going to have to at least remove the door panel to diagnose the problem.  It's really not that bad.

It sounds like the bushing inside the window motor gear has disintegrated.  eBay item number 170051379192 is this exact part, and you can probably find it at any major auto parts store as well -- less than $10.

However, to replace it, you have to remove the window motor from the door.  This little bushing lives inside the gearbox on top of the window motor, and holds the motor gear against the window regulator gear.  When the bushing disassembles itself into plastic dust, the motor gear no longer contacts the regulator gear, so you can hear the motor whirling away, but the window doesn't move.

While you're in there, clean ALL the old grease off of everything you can see and replace it with new lithium grease.  Do this inside the window motor gearbox as well.  Once you get it all reassembled, you'll be amazed at how fast, smooth, and quiet the window will move.

Good luck!

Elijah

Imperial Power Window Switch Repair

Find Repair & Shop Manuals, Parts Books, History & More at The Imperial Bookshelf!

  My Collection of Imperials

1965 Imperial LeBaron
  1967 Chrysler Newport Custom Sedan
  1970 Imperial LeBaron
  1971 Imperial LeBaron

Sponsored Link

Get an Online or Campus degree - Associate's, Bachelor's, or Master's -in less than one year.