Re: IML: 67 Driver Door Window

Ken,

I had the same problem on my 73 only it was both back
windows. The motors would run with no window movement.

My problem was the plastic gear in the head of the
motor was stripped. I can only assume the 67 is
similar. The part is called a window regulator gear
kit and is available from most parts suppliers. I
ordered mine from NAPA on-line. When you install them
be sure to pack the head of the motor with
multi-purpose grease. I believe there is also info on
the web site on how to remove and reinstall the motor
and gear assembly.

Good Luck!

Tim Durrer

73 Blue Sky
--- Ken Lang <ken@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ok, I thought I was pretty smart. (my wife knows
> better)  The driver window
> on my 67 4 Dr Ht stopped working.  I can still hear
> the motor running but
> there is no movement in the window.  However I can
> push the window down
> manually and pull it up with no problem.  So I
> figured a clip of some sort
> has broken or fallen off.  I have felt around inside
> the door and been able
> to find nothing.  The FSM doesn't really have any
> good pictures to show the
> mechanics.  I even tried sticking my fat head in the
> door opening but that
> didn't work either.  I really don't want to rip the
> door completely apart
> just to find a missing clip was all I needed.
> Anyone have a similar
> experience they can relate?
>

> Thx
>
> Ken
>

> 67 Crown 4 Dr Ht (getting a new vinyl top this week)

Sponsored Link

Degrees online in as fast as 1 Yr
MBA, Bachelor's, Master's, Assoc
http://yahoo.degrees.info