Re: IML: 67 Driver Door Window

My problem was the plastic gear in the head of the
motor was stripped. I can only assume the 67 is
similar. The part is called a window regulator gear
kit and is available from most parts suppliers. I
ordered mine from NAPA on-line. When you install them
be sure to pack the head of the motor with
multi-purpose grease.

Over time I've had to replace those little gears in all four of my '67's window motors. I never had any problem finding them at any parts store. Just ask for a window gear kit for the oldest Imperial their computer knows about (which is typically about '74). The kit comes with a little packet of grease. I seem to remember that there are two sizes of gear available, so you may want to bring your old gear with you to compare.

Rebuilt motors are easily obtained from parts stores too. The front and rear doors' motors are the same on each side of the car, but the passenger side motors are mirror images of the driver side ones, so they don't interchange. (And the power vent window motors are another beast altogether, but I have crankety vent windows instead, so I don't have to deal with those.)

Tim Klein
Dallas, Texas