IML: Ammeter Gauge

The electrical gremlin's are still running amok under
the dash of my 73! Go all of my gauges working except
the Alternator. The wires on the back of the gauge are
tight,in good condition and have 12 volts on both of
them.

While I had the instrument panel out I connected a
wire from the black wire terminal on the back of the
gauge to the negative post of the battery. I then
connected my test light to the positive post of the
battery and touched it to the red wire terminal on the
back of the gauge. The gauge moved toward Discharge.
Gauge is working right? If I have 12 volts on both
wires in the dash why does it not work in the car?

Maybe Dick has run into this before.

Thanks,

Tim Durrer

73 Blue Sky