Re: IML: 67 Driver Door Window

Ken, there's good news, and there's bad news. The motor runs, (Good),however, the door panel comes off, (Bad),because there's almost nothing you can fix, without door panel removal. It sounds like something in the drive gear housing has failed.(plastic gears) Good luck, Ya'll have a nice Turkey Day, Dave.

From: "Ken Lang" <ken@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Ok, I thought I was pretty smart. (my wife knows better)  The driver window on my 67 4 Dr Ht stopped working.  I can still hear the motor running but there is no movement in the window.  However I can push the window down manually and pull it up with no problem.  So I figured a clip of some sort has broken or fallen off.  I have felt around inside the door and been able to find nothing.  The FSM doesnâ??t really have any good pictures to show the mechanics.  I even tried sticking my fat head in the door opening but that didnâ??t work either.  I really donâ??t want to rip the door completely apart just to find a missing clip was all I needed.  Anyone have a similar experience they can relate?

Thx

Ken

67 Crown 4 Dr Ht (getting a new vinyl top this week)