Re: IML: Renovation Stories

I guess we all have our own challenges during the course of restoring our beloved Imperials. I've been working on removing the interior in my spare time and, after pulling up some of the old carpet and pad, noticed a foul smell. I didn't give it much thought, figuring that meldew and rot were the cause. I sprayed some Lysol and went back to it the next day when it still smelled bad. But it was a day off and I wasn't going to waste it. After fighting with the back seat and finally discovering it has screws in the bottom, I climbed out to get the socket when I noticed the jeans over my left knee were wet with a thick coat of something brown covered with dirt, rust particles and carpet strands. Upon closer inspection I realized what it was. Apparently the cat got in through the missing floor pan and decided to do his business in my prized Crown Coupe. And now I was wearing it. I cleaned it out of the car and off of me. I went back, refusing to be detured, to find he did it again! While I was washing it off he was crapping in my car again! I've never been much for cats and this is my first one. He's 8 months old and may not see his first birthday at this rate! It's at times like this that I remember what my dad used to say, "If it came too easy you wouldn't appreciate it". I have a feeling I'm going to love this car!

Happy Holidays everyone..

Dan Collins
67 Crown Coupe