RE: IML: cooling system flush questions

Dan,

Something I did on my 67 was to install an in-line filter in the top
radiator hose to trap all the junk and keep it from getting back in the
radiator.  I figured it was easier to change a small filter screen than a
radiator.  And because I had just spent good $$$ to have the radiator
rebuilt, I didn?t want to plug up the tubes with any more junk that may have
been in the engine.

The filter I installed is made by Tefba.  The following URL gives some good
information about the filter and order information.  But if you look closely
you?ll see they are located in Australia.  That changed since I ordered
mine.

http://www.mako.com.au/auto/tefba.htm

I did happen to find a U.S. distributor located outside of Houston, Texas.
There was no website that I could find but here is the contact information:

MUSSELMAN DISTRIBUTING COMPANY
4717 Cartwright Road
Missouri City, TX  77459
Phone: 1.800.354.3254

The Gano filter is another in-line coolant filter.  It?s clear so you can
see when it?s getting clogged with debris.  But you do have to remove it to
clean it.

This URL will give you some info on that one and contact information for
ordering.

http://www.jag-lovers.org/xj-s/book/CoolantFilters.html

Ken
67 Crown 4 Dr Ht (with a Tefba filer and a brand new vinyl top)

therichardsonfamily@xxxxxxxxxxx