IML: Imperial Website Upgrade

Hello Everyone,

You may have noticed a few glitches with the Imperial Club's website over the past couple of days.  These hiccups were due to an upgrade of the storage for the webserver that houses our website.

We had to upgrade because we ran out of space.  The 40GB storage was simply not enough to hold all of the great Imperial stuff we have for the website!  Imagine--40GB of material dedicated to the Imperial, all FREE and available 24/7 anywhere in the world.

If you enjoy the club's website, please take a moment to make a donation to show your support.  Visit http://www.imperialclub.com/OIC-specific/donations.htm for more information on how to donate to the club.  How much should you give?  Well, think about how much you GET from the website and give in kind.

Just to give you an idea of the value of our club's website, I'll give you an example from my own experience.  In 1997, I was at a car show where I found a vendor who had a set of 1971 Chrysler and Imperial Dealer Albums.  These albums are rare items--each dealership only got one set per year, and most of them went in the trash at the end of that model year.  This was the first time I had ever seen a set, and I didn't expect to find them again.  I was excited, but the $250.00 the vendor was asking was pretty steep for a poor graduate student.  Even so, I scraped together the money and was miiiiiiiiiiiiiiighty pleased to have those albums.

Now, fast forward to today: Those dealer albums are available for FREE on our club's website.  The same albums for many other years are also available for FREE on the website, and we have more on the way.  Wow.

Even though we offer the website for free, there are some costs involved.  The webserver and storage space costs about $90 a month, which is a $10 monthly increase due to the recent upgrade.  I think we all know how great the site is, so please show your support by making a donation at http://www.imperialclub.com/OIC-specific/donations.htm.

Thanks!

Elijah Scott
OIC Club Treasurer

Imperial Power Window Switch Repair

Find Repair & Shop Manuals, Parts Books, History & More at The Imperial Bookshelf!

  My Collection of Imperials

1965 Imperial LeBaron
  1967 Chrysler Newport Custom Sedan
  1970 Imperial LeBaron