Re: IML: Tide

Dish soap foams and suds much more than wash-machine
detergent, doesn't it?  Putting dish soap in a washing
machine can result in the poor thing foaming at the
mouth.

I'd stick with Tide.  You're at least adhering to the
old wives tale and not being as experimental.

Is oil cutting ability the point?  Seems to me that
the scale and crud in there is related more to rust
from within the engine block than it is oil-based.
How tide breaks that up, I haven't a clue, but it
sounds good, anyway.

Putting some vinegar in for up to 72 hours (but not
more) would be the experiment that I'd try if I were
going to be adventurous, since the vingar will
dissolve the rust.  Follow that treatment with some
Tide and then put some glycol cut with rose-water in
as a chaser so that it smells good.

-K