IML: Replacing carpet in my '68 Imp Convert

IML: Replacing carpet in my '68 Imp Convert

I submitted this post not long ago and for some reason it never appeared in the digest (or if it did I missed it) so I'll try again.

The (black) carpet in my '68 convert is probably the original and is kinda worn in some spots. It's time to replace. I'm considering doing this myself over the winter when the car will be off the road. From what I've seen on the internet I can probably pick up the correct carpet (80/20 loop) for about $135, and supposedly it will come "preformed" for the car.  I know I can take the front seats out by removing some bolts from underneath the car. As to the carpeted areas on the seatbacks, etc., they're in good shape except for fading. I'm thinking of hitting them with some black carpet dye to bring them back to life.

On the surface it seems like a fairly simple and straightforward job. Doing it myself would give me an opportunity to look for rust on the floor pan and deal with it, if there's any there. I'll be doing the trunk at the same time.

Am I overlooking anything that's likely to cause me to wish I had never started this job? Any advice and suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks!

Tom