IML: A Montana '62 Imperial

    Following ten years of retirement, my husband has finally found a bit of time to tackle my non-running 1962 Crown Imperial 4 door hardtop. I had used the car regularly after purchasing it quite a few years ago in eastern Washington. However, in 1996 it died, never to run again. I want so badly to be able to drive it to the Spring Tour of the State Antique Auto Club in June at Great Falls.

 Although my car still has most of it’s bells and whistles, it does need some cosmetic work…you know, those rust points so typical of Mopar cars of the day and a few dents front and rear that I will not embarrass anyone by mentioning them further. In the process I did discover someone who has lots of Chrysler and Imperial parts as well as for many other American-made cars…30,000 is his claim.  It is Freman’s Auto in Whitehall, Montana 59759.   www.fremansauto.com   I will keep you posted on our progress and I would like to hear from other Montana IML members.

Patricia