From: sosmi@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IML: overdrive torqueflite and stall speed
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 22:43:29 +0000

Rob, I have an 81, and always felt it to be a poor performer,at least in my eyes. And compared to my 89 Diplomat police pkg, 318 4bbl hp,998, non lock-up 2.71 1st gear, and 3.21 gear, well there was no comparing.I made a shot-gun statement, assuming you used the original configuration. And continue to stand by it. No question, a better rear ratio,3.21- 3.55-3.91, the bigger engine, and the 518 would be an AWESOME package. For me, I'm building a 444 B motor, I've always preferred big blocks, so my feeble 318 goes.Ya'll have a nice day, Dave.