Re: IML: O/D Torqueflite

From: David Whitney <hazegreen66@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: IML: overdrive torqueflite and stall speed

 My point was not to recommend adding a lock-up converter to
an older 727.  It was to recommend using the late model 727s for
which a lock-up converter is available (78 and up,  but memory
may be failing me) if you are going to do the GV thing or a tranny
that comes with a lock-up converter if you are going to do the
518 thing.  As previously noted, no way are you going to be able
to do this without some aftermarket parts and you will probably
have to do some chassis modification in addition to shortening
the drive shaft.

 Considering the gas savings vs. the expense, over 6 or so years
you'll recoup your money if you drive the bejesus out of your
Imperial.  For a Sunday driver, there is no recouping and the
satisfaction is in having it and showing it off.

Plus, depending upon your inclinations and how the car's set up, possibly better accelleration *and* a higher top speed. In which case, gas savings are just a free bonus.
    -Kle.
    '69 Crown 4DHT