RE: IML: Q: What to do with a 25k motor

swapping the VIN plate to the other car is illegal.

From: "Pavlik, Eric" <EPavlik@xxxxxxxxxx>
Hi everyone,
    I'm new to this and would like to ask a question. To give a brief
background:
The wife found this 63 sitting in some guys yard along with a host of
other old cars (pretty cool actually). Got him to sell it to me - its a
4dr hardtop, blue with 26k original miles (yes, original). However, the
body and some of the rear frame is shot, even though it was garaged
(barn) for 25 yrs. Brought it home to start restoring and mechanically
it is in great shape. Was actually able to get it running and drove it
down the road before garaging it. My dad got excited about it and found
a 'parts car' in Kansas that should be delivered tomorrow.
    My dilemma - The parts car is in much better shape body-wise than
this (at least from pics), has over 100k and was a daily driver (the guy
was gonna demo it). I like the original one and color, etc. It seems the
best route would be to swap parts to the 'parts car' and get it running.
My issue is I want to keep the originality overall but would also like
the 26k label on the title.
    Q: What can be or can't be swapped to keep a title with 26k on it
and still be legit? Can I swap the plates to the other with the motor
and drivetrain or does it have to stay with the frame? I want to keep as
much originality as possible.

Eric Pavlik
X3327