Re: IML: Last ride of the year.#3

Imperialists,

    Fellow Imperialists subject to the natural force of winter here in the Northeast have also bee quite fortunate this November/December as the weather has been nothing short of spectacular for those late season rides......  We of the 50's vintage years have the added pleasure, even on cool Fall days, of a great heater mixed with cowl-induction fresh air heat, which is a great feeling heading down the road with a sweater on and the vent windows cracked a bit also............most of the time my car is relegated to the barn for the duration of the winter as salt dominates the roads here.....sure I take it out of the barn and run her up to true operating temp and move her around the property to keep her limber on those 40 degree occasions through Feb/March/April, before the Annual Spring Unveiling.....and doesn't she LOVE the cool, dry air for running......took her up I-95 to Maine for a Final Run of the year, and though I am not a speed-man, the car absolutely flows down the road at 75+, then a nice coastal ride back to her berth, with a stop for shellfish of all kinds at a favorite shack which refuses to give in to the vagaries of the winter and soldier's on where other's would/do close......always, as with all of our cars, I am immediately ensconced by admirer's which on this day I am willing to tell anyone the whole story of my acquisition/resurrection of her, and all are as attentive as if I was Trump giving away money secrets......and of course there is always the person who makes the pitch of "call me if you ever sell it..." and I do not even THINK of taking the card offered for I know if the world crumbles around me, I'll move into the back seat (more than enough room for a family of four!) as necessary, and NEVER consider making her a "double-length" special.....

ybshore

1956 Imperial