Re: IML: Dashpots#1

Gary,

    When I recently replaced mine, and although it came as NOS in an authentic MoPar box, the number was torn off on the only side breached, however it was the same item.  What I can tell you is there were no external springs to the diaphragm.  I did, too, purchase a spare which I just opened as a result of your inquiry,  and that spare which would appear to work, has a spring around the exterior of the rubber boot, but by touch between the two, the tension feels the same and the dimensions are exact, there is a part number on this 'spare", the  MoPar number is 1538 426.  My original, and this first replacement,  only have the springs beneath the boot and no numbers to pass on.  Hope this helps.

Jack
1956 C-73 Imperial Sedan 354 w/3 speed torqueflight