Re: IML: Seat Info (sort of)

From: "Rob McCall" <Rob_Mopar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: IML: Seat info

Eric, where in PA are you?  I'm playing phone tag with an excellent
upholsterer right up the road from me.  I want to have the lumbar support
removed driver's seat in my '04 Ram (Ma Mopar forgot how to make a
comfortable seat sometime after the '80's).

Everybody forgot how to make a comfortable seat. It's because they don't use springs anymore, since springs are heavy, and heavy costs fuel economy, and the Feds for some reason think fuel economy is any of their business. Foam over springs is the best configuration for car seats, because they have a greater depth of resilience w/o making you sink way into them. Most modern car seats are pretty hard, when you get right down to it, and they tend to restrict your options more as to what position you sit in (for example, try sitting tailor-style in most modern cars). All this takes a toll on long highway drives - I've never been as comfortable for long highway miles in any other car as I have been in my Imperials. I drove my '62 across country back in '88 or '89, and it was great.
     -Kle.
'69 Crown 4DHT