Re: IML: In-door lubrication

Here in Ontario Canada we have great concerns on rust.  Years ago I discovered that my annual rust-proof on the daily driver kept the wiring soft and the inner parts operation free. So when I started collecting my Mopars I give them all an annual rust-proof 1. for preservation of the metal 2. to keep the inner components working.  Cost is about $100.00. Something to consider unless you have a desire to take off the door panels.

Regards Peter Thielman - Napanee, Ontario

>>>If people are looking for a spray lubricant, I reccommend going to a good
hardware store (probably not The Despot, for example) and looking for spray
chain-drive lubricant. It's designed for commercial rolling door drives, and
the like. It's basically a spray grease, so it's nice and thick and clingy,
and is designed to leave a persistant film of grease. I've had really good
luck using it on the internal door-latch parts on my car, just spraying it
through the little lubrication holes in the door. The rear doors haven't
been used much over the years, and the latches were really stiff. It worked
great on the hinges, too.
To get the regulators, you'd probably have to take off the door panel.
-Kle.
'69 Crown 4DHT