Sent: Friday, December 22, 2006 6:31 AM
Subject: Re: IML: In-door lubrication

From: "Dan" <sunup@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: IML: Please Welcome Andrew Richards

A friend told me that spraying WD-40 on the window regulators of his '60
made his windows work fine again. I believe they are riveted joints that can
become rusted and stick, especially after prolonged periods of non-use. I
didn't ask if he did it from the top with an extension tip on the can or if
he had to remove the door panels. Maybe someone who has done it can help
further...

If people are looking for a spray lubricant, I reccommend going to a good hardware store (probably not The Despot, for example) and looking for spray chain-drive lubricant. It's designed for commercial rolling door drives, and the like. It's basically a spray grease, so it's nice and thick and clingy, and is designed to leave a persistant film of grease. I've had really good luck using it on the internal door-latch parts on my car, just spraying it through the little lubrication holes in the door. The rear doors haven't been used much over the years, and the latches were really stiff. It worked great on the hinges, too.
  To get the regulators, you'd probably have to take off the door panel.
       -Kle.
       '69 Crown 4DHT