From: PNigelW@xxxxxxx
Sent: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 6:37 AM
Subject: Re: IML: Converting Six to Twelve/Jump Start?

Randall,

You are lucky in the States, the recovery services in the UK cannot help with 6 volts, I suffered a fuel vapourisation problem on my CD de luxe, and flattened the battery trying to restart, I am now thinking of backing up the mechanical fuel pump which does not have a priming lever with an electric pump. I ended up being towed home on a rope.... probably no more than 10ft long.. scary  my brakes were properly bedded in by the time I got home!.

I have converted my L*80 Imperial to 12 volts, because 12 volts through a 6 volt motor always turns the motor over much faster and start better, battery technology has moved on with 12 volt batteries and you can get a really powerful battery which is relatively small whilst the choice of 6 volt batteries ia becoming more and more limited, but finally 12 volt headlights when driving at night is far safer, I have never seen a 6volt halogen bulb..

Regards

Nigel Plant